In this age of new technology and smart devices, automating your business is critical to its success. Luckily, there are many different tools available to business owners that make it easy to improve upon existing business processes through automation. However, too many business owners such as yourself have convinced themselves that:
1. They don’t have enough time to research, learn, and train
2. It would be too big of a change
3. Implementing is too much of a hassle
4. Their business is already running at maximum efficiency
Don’t allow your business to become complacent by allowing these non-reasons to influence your decision-making. Businesses that are resistant to innovation will quickly fall behind. Surge ahead of the market by moving with the flow of technology, and applying simple automation processes to maximize efficiency.
Why Business Automation is Worth It
Although the pain points and weak spots vary from company to company, automation is the only universal solution that any business could use to easily strengthen its weaknesses and run more efficiently. Business automation will save your company time, money, manual labor, and frustration.
For example, adding one meeting to your calendar may not seem to take up much time, but think about how much time you spend adding meetings to your calendar over the course of an entire year. Drafting emails, especially ones that could be copied and sent to multiple people, are another example of a simple process that companies spend far too much time on. It might surprise you to know that inefficiencies like these can cost a business anywhere between 20 and 30 percent of their revenue each year.
It’s true that the initial setup and transition from an existing system to a new and automated process may incur a short-term cost. However, an automated business will save you far more money and time than the expensive manual processes you currently have in place. In fact, you can’t afford not to automate if you want to be able compete with other players in your industry.
Business Automation Tools for Every Department
There’s a vast expanse of automation tools out there, so we broke down a few of the best resources by department to help you make a better decision customizable to your business.
- Zapier – Zapier creates workflows across third-party apps that automates regular business processes, such as data entry, data pulling, alerts based on certain triggers, etc. and works with 1000+ apps to simplify the way you work.
- Fleetmatics Work – Fleetmatics Work is scheduling software that allows you to see and organize schedules in an easy-to-read format. You can also use the software to manage and track job progress, whether in the office or out in the field.
- Evernote – Evernote allows you to capture and upload notes on your phone. You can organize and share notes no matter where you are, helping you collaborate with your team from start to finish.
- Davinci Virtual Office Solutions – Davinci Virtual Office Solutions offers a number of services to help automate and grow your business. One of their top services allows you to automate reception while maintaining a professional image. You can reroute calls or screen unwanted calls through live receptionists.
- Freshdesk – Freshdesk is customer service software that lets you view all your customer conversations in one place, making it easier to keep track of all the communication that comes in. It also allows you to automate repetitive work, saving a lot of time.
- Five9 – Five9 helps customer service agents provide exceptional service through multiple channels. The software uses Intelligent Routing to direct questions to the agents they need to find answers.
- monday.com – monday.com helps you track leads and manage projects through the visual tool, which combines CRM and project management and better helps agents keep track of moving parts and manage customer interactions.
- Infusionsoft – Infusionsoft combines sales and marketing software and helps automate everyday tasks. Although the software has a variety of different uses, its ability to track sales and help grow revenue is very beneficial.
- Kimono – Kimono offers data integration on their interoperability platform to give you complete control of your information without all the manual work.
- Zoominfo – Zoominfo helps you find the prospects you’re looking for based on the criteria you want to target. You can use the software to find contacts and companies, build targeted lists, and manage your database.
- Hootsuite – Hootsuite is a social media marketing automation tool that allows you to save time by letting you schedule, share, and track mentions from one central hub.
- Google Alerts – Google Alerts automates research by tracking and keeping you up-to-date on any topic you want to stay informed about. It saves you time by doing the research for you and updating you only on the things you want to know.
- Sharethrough – Sharethrough helps automate the process of creating headlines. Creating an engaging headline that leads to an action can be difficult and time consuming, but this software reduces the amount of time required to come up with something compelling by giving your headlines a grade.
- Expensify – Expensify makes it easy to keep track of your expenses and generate reports. You can use the software to scan receipts for reimbursement and take advantage of the other benefits of a fully-automated expense reporting system.
- Blackline – Blackline is an accounting platform that allows you to manage the close process, balance sheets, transform finances, and basically automate the entire accounting process.
- Jedox Planning – Jedox Planning has a variety of functions, including financial planning. You can enjoy the ease of an automated system while still planning ahead and calculating all the information you need for the next meeting.
- mHelpDesk – mHelpDesk’s software takes away the slowness and repetition of the help desk process, giving you more time to focus on the bigger issues.
- Freshservice – Freshservice is an “IT service desk that’s actually simple.” With an easy-to-use platform that is simple to configure, you can automate asset management, incident management, and more.
- Kaseya – Kaseya offers a number of different products, including IT solutions. Kaseya’s solutions are integrated and solve problems to automate processes and help you operate and scale your business.
These tools all include free tutorials and customer service, so you don’t have to worry about training. You’ll find that your costs are greatly reduced and you’ll have more time to focus on your core business rather than the minute details.